We’re Celebrating Nurse Practitioners Across Our Nation During NP Week
November 13-19, 2022, is National Nurse Practitioner Week, and this year’s theme is “Rising to Meet the Needs of Patients.”
We have the honor and pleasure of working directly with nurse practitioners each day, and we can’t sing their praises enough. These highly trained professionals put the care and safety of patients first and are devoted to improving the health and wellness of our communities.
Thank you, nurse practitioners, for all you do!
Here’s a glimpse at how NPs are rising to meet the needs of patients every day.
Nurse Practitioner Statistics
According to data compiled by the American Association of Nurse Practitioners:
- 355,000+ nurse practitioners are licensed to practice in the U.S.
- Patients have more than 1 billion annual visits with NPs.
- 36,000+ NPs completed academic programs in 2019-2020.
- Nearly 89% of NPs are certified in primary care.
- Nearly 96% of NPs prescribe medications.
- NPs now hold prescriptive privileges in all 50 states and D.C
- 26 states, 2 territories, and D.C. have adopted Full Practice Authority for NPs.
Why We Love NPs
Nurse practitioners are truly incredible healthcare providers. We’re honored to work with amazing nurse practitioners who have:
- Outstanding expertise and knowledge, thanks to their rigorous education and clinical training
- Unmatched bedside manner, with compassion and understanding for their patients’ concerns
- A holistic approach, with a focus on wellness and prevention as well as disease management
- An emphasis on the family and on patient education
- Positive health outcomes and patient satisfaction levels
- Extensive collaboration with colleagues, as vital members of patient care teams
- Excellent problem-solving and leadership abilities
- Devotion to their field and to a lifetime of learning
- A passion for keeping our nation healthy and safe
About the Nurse Practitioner Career
Nurse practitioners enjoy a challenging, meaningful and rewarding career. Nurse practitioner was ranked #1 in Best Health Care Jobs by U.S. News & World Report. Plus, the demand for NPs continues to expand, with a projected job growth rate of 40% over the next decade (BLS).
Nurse practitioners play a vital role in complementing the more than 1 million licensed physicians nationwide. Hospitals, outpatient surgical centers, health clinics, imaging centers, labs, private practices and countless other healthcare facilities rely on NPs for their services and expertise. Most NPs focus on primary care, but NPs also work in every specialty, from neonatal medicine to palliative care.
How to Celebrate National Nurse Practitioner Week
For ways to honor the nurse practitioners in your life, visit the American Association of Nurse Practitioners’ NP Week resources. You’ll find a resource guide, proclamation, posters, conversation starters, social media images and more.
Ideas include sharing NP stories or videos, speaking to schools about NP as a career choice, displaying NP brochures and posters, sharing a blog about NPs on your website or using #NPWeek and #WeChooseNPs to post on social media.
If you’re an NP in search of your next big adventure, check out our amazing NP locum tenens jobs now.